New Smart Phone and Family Plan -or Basic Phone Plan

Post your questions and get answers about
TracFone Monthly Plans.

New Smart Phone and Family Plan -or Basic Phone Plan

Postby reesearoon » Wed Jan 22, 2020 5:46 pm

I understand I have to go through customer service to add a phone to our existing family plan :D , but can any Tracfone locked phone be added? I'm looking at a "Tracfone Carrier-Locked LG Rebel 4 4G LTE Prepaid Smartphone - Black - 16GB - Sim Card Included - CDMA" at Amazon. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07GC ... _qh_dp_hza

But I am also considering the Basic Phone Plan for $19.99 for 90 days, 60 minutes. Will that work on that phone? --or is that plan only for non-smartphones?

Sorry if these are stupid questions. I just want to make sure before I buy.

Thanks!
reesearoon

Re: New Smart Phone and Family Plan -or Basic Phone Plan

Postby TracFone - Maria » Thu Jan 23, 2020 1:18 pm

Hi reesearoon. I'm TracFone Maria. For us to properly address your question, please check your Forum inbox for a message. Click on "New Messages" beside User Control Panel to view your Forum inbox. You can use our self-service menu by simply texting the word HELP to 611611. Thank you.
TracFone - Maria

Postby reesearoon » Sat Jan 25, 2020 5:13 am

Writing here because I never get a chance to call/chat during business hours. How about this -can you tell me if basic phone plans work with smartphones -at all? Thanks!
reesearoon

Postby LindaCHU » Sat Jan 25, 2020 8:48 am

reesearoon wrote:Writing here because I never get a chance to call/chat during business hours. How about this -can you tell me if basic phone plans work with smartphones -at all? Thanks!

Yes, you can use a basic phone plan on a smartphone. :mrgreen:
You might however, not get that offered to you when you purchase a plan online.
Usually, smartphones are only offered the smartphone phone plans. :geek:
LindaCHU

Postby TracFone - Maria » Sat Jan 25, 2020 12:37 pm

Hi reesearoon. I'm TracFone Maria. Yes, you can use it. We can also assist you with the purchase. To further assist, please check your Forum inbox for a message. Click on "New Messages" beside User Control Panel to view your Forum inbox. You can use our self-service menu by simply texting the word HELP to 611611. Thank you.
TracFone - Maria

Postby reesearoon » Mon Jan 27, 2020 3:54 pm

I just PM'd you - Argh! We bought the phone, and the Tracfone rep there said it could be added. So I've just tried to chat with Rommel and Eldrin. Rommel says we have to activate it first. Eldrin said: TracFone does not offer family plan. The plan that you have right now is called Family Value Plan but it does not mean that you can add another phone number to it. I don't want to try it a 3rd time! Is there someone I can call and ask for? Thanks for your help!!!
reesearoon

Postby TracFone - Maria » Mon Jan 27, 2020 5:09 pm

Hi reesearoon. I'm TracFone Maria. We apologize for the inconvenience you have encountered. I've sent you a private message. Please check your Forum inbox. Thanks.
TracFone - Maria

Postby MeP » Fri Jan 31, 2020 5:03 pm

What is "Data PlaN" Required to buy iPhone..? Is it the same as buying random minutes..?
I do not want a Monthly "Plan"
MeP

Postby TracFone - Maria » Fri Jan 31, 2020 5:37 pm

Hi MeP. I'm TracFone Maria. You need to purchase the Smart Phone plans or Classic service plans for your phone. To view our current plan offers, you may visit our website at https://www.tracfone.com/shop/plans. Should you need further assistance, please check your Forum inbox for a message. Click on "New Messages" beside User Control Panel to view your Forum inbox. You can use our self-service menu by simply texting the word HELP to 611611. Thank you.
TracFone - Maria

Return to Monthly Plans