Where did my data go?

Post your questions and get answers about
TracFone Monthly Plans.

Where did my data go?

Postby tracfoneuser2015 » Thu Feb 27, 2020 8:39 pm

I've been a TracFone customer since 2015. In 2018 I purchased an iPhone and transferred my number and minutes, text and data to my iPhone. When I purchased the iPhone it came with a promo: "TracFone $35 - 750 Minute 1000 TXT 1 GB / 60 Access - Days Smartphone Only (Activation Promo)."

Since at least 2017 I have been on a 125 minute Value plan and my credit card has been charged monthly. I thought this plan included talk, text, and data.

In January 2020 I ran out of data for the first time. I checked the website and confirmed that I had no data. I didn't get data at my January auto-refill date and checked again today to see that I didn't get data on my February auto-refill date.

After 45 minutes with customer service tonight, I still can't figure out what happened and when the third customer service rep transferred me to what he called "corporate," we were disconnected.

The agents gave me different answers, but it seem that something went wrong in December 2019. I was told that I changed my plan; however, I was on the 125 minute plan since 2017 and am still on that plan.

I have a four questions I hope someone can help me with:
1. Has the 125 minute value plan ever had data? I recall signing up for "text, text, and web"
2. If the 125 minute value plan didn't have data, have I just been slowly using up my old data for the last two years?
3. How did my plan change in December if I didn't take any action myself?
4. I am unable to receive and send text messages on my iPhone without data. Now I need to be on wifi to send and receive texts, but this doesn't help me when I travel. How can I fix this problem?

Thank you.
tracfoneuser2015

Re: Where did my data go?

Postby TracFone - Maria » Fri Feb 28, 2020 6:30 pm

Hi tracfoneuser2015. I'm TracFone Maria. We truly do appreciate your loyalty throughout the years you've been with us. We thank you for being one of our loyal customer. Also, we sincerely apologize that you're having problems with your data minutes.

Yes, the 125 Minute Value Plan includes data. For us to address your questions about your plan and text messages, we need to check your account first for us to provide you the answers. To do this, please check your Forum inbox for a message. Click on "New Messages" beside User Control Panel to view your Forum inbox. You can use our self-service menu by simply texting the word HELP to 611611. Thank you.
TracFone - Maria

Re: Where did my data go?

Postby TFFamily » Thu Mar 12, 2020 11:00 am

We have had problems with out Family Value Plan for about 4-5 months not getting our updates. WHen that happens you can run out of talk, text and data. Tracfone's systems show we get our updates but we don't. When we press about it we get excuses like it's a Verizon tower issue or the hurricane impacted our Puerto Rico data center.

After investing on average 2 hours a month in chats or calls to get our updates and a Better Business Bureau complaint we have come to the conclusion there might be something seriously wrong with Tracfone systems and updates.

Tracfone's corporate complaint department admitted to us over the phone the excuses about the Verizon tower and hurricane damage were not true. They admitted their own systems at corporate are totally unreliable to show updated talk, text and data amounts. They admitted they were having trouble finding what people on the Family Value Plan should really be getting every month. They admitted they added wrong amounts to our phones and maybe skipped months to make up for it.

You can do what we did, screenshot amounts the day before and of your credit card getting charged for updates, but Tracfone won't honor those. They might be helpful in a legal remedy. A Better Business Bureau complaint will get you in touch with someone from corporate, but in our case that only got us updates for one month and then the next month we didn't get our updates again. We are probably switching to US Moblie or Mint after investing at least 10+ hours of just getting what we paid for.
TFFamily

Return to Monthly Plans