BEWARE! Rip off, run around and lies

Post your questions and get answers about
TracFone Monthly Plans.

BEWARE! Rip off, run around and lies

Postby kale » Tue Sep 22, 2020 4:55 am

My father and I have a basic Tracfone flip phones. I am advocating for my father as he is 91. We each have had a "value plan" for many years that would roll over our unused minutes and add 30 service days each month for $5.99. We could add minutes when we needed them. This was perfect for both of us as we use these cell phones only when we are not at home as we have landlines. I used it when I got a flat tire to call my husband for help. Now, without notifying either one of us, Tracfone stopped charging our credit card resulting in our phones being deactivated. They tried to tell me when they billed my credit card it was declined. LIE! My credit card company told me there was never a charge from Tracfone and nothing was declined. When I call or chat with them they say there is no such plan (RUN AROUND) and we have to purchase minutes each month to keep the phones activated (RIPOFF). That alone is a scam to get rid of our plan. They have told me so many lies in the past 2 weeks like wait until the last of the 30 days and call and our plans will be charged to our cards. Don't believe them. I did just that, then told me a representative would call me in 15 minutes to complete the transaction. Guess what, no phone call. So now our phones are deactivated. I have never experienced this with Tracfone and thought it was so good to have a backup phone for a low cost. I see what Tracfone is doing to us, to get more money. It was a nice way to save money. Very shady the way they go about kicking you off a plan and treat their customers. Don't trust Tracfone. Time to go with another company. Beware of Tracfone everyone.
kale

Re: BEWARE! Rip off, run around and lies

Postby Jude » Tue Sep 22, 2020 11:24 am

Hi kale. My name is TracFone Jude. We understand where you're coming from and apologize for the trouble you've encountered with our service. We'd like to take a closer look into what's going on and ensure there is a resolution for you. To further assist you, please check your forum inbox for a message. Click on "New Messages" beside User Control Panel to view your forum inbox. You may also text the key word HELP to 611611 to view our self-service menu with a list of help key words with valuable information. Thank you.
Jude

Return to Monthly Plans