Double Minutes SCAM

Double Minutes SCAM

Postby jhcurran » Wed Nov 10, 2010 2:58 pm

Approximately 4 years ago I purchased a double minutes for life plan for my Tracfone. Up until now, I received the double minutes each time I purchased minutes. However, I purchased 400 minutes with a bonus of 250 minutes on line tonight and I only received the single minutes. When I was able to contact a tech support rep I was told that I had never purchased a double minutes program. I explained that I had and that I had been receiving them. She told me that she could not help me. I then asked her to cancel the minutes that I just purchased and she told me that was not possible. I asked to speak to her supervisor and she told me that that was also impossible and the only way I could elevate the issue was to contact the corporate office and she gave me a phone number. I called the number and was on hold for over 50 minutes when I finally gave up. I had a contract for double minutes for life which I paid for and Tracfone is no longer honoring it. This is a total disservice to someone wh*has been a loyal customer for a long time. When my current minutes run out I will cancel tracfone and contract with someone wh*honors their commitments.
jhcurran

Re: Double Minutes SCAM

Postby Nick » Wed Nov 10, 2010 3:34 pm

Hi Joe. My name is TracFone Nick. Sorry that you're having a problem. I'm going to try to help you now. We need to take this issue offline so I can address it further. I will contact you directly with a private message and you will receive confirmation of this at the email address you provided when you signed up for this forum. Thank you.
TracFone - Nick
Nick

Postby Tankster » Thu Nov 11, 2010 3:48 am

Nick, please contact me as well regarding a similar problem.Thank you
Tankster

Postby brainst0rms » Sun Nov 28, 2010 6:27 am

Please post an cleaned up transcript of what the problem was and how it was fixed. Redact the gent's personal info but let us know what is going on. I also have double minutes for life so I am very concerned if TracFone is somehow messing that up BUT I do not need minutes right now.
brainst0rms

Postby Jessica » Tue Nov 30, 2010 4:59 am

Good day, Brainst0rms. This is Jessica TracFone and I'll be addressing your question. TracFone is not messing up with our Double Minute Plan. If there's an issue with it then we are always find some ways to resolve it. This is just a system error and can always be fixed. We haven't post the answers yet as it's still not resolved. The moment it's resolve then we'll post it here. I believe this answers your question. It's been a pleasure helping you. Have a good day.
Jessica

Postby west53 » Wed Dec 08, 2010 2:09 pm

When I purchased my DMFL it came with the minutes, not the phone. I am getting ready to replace my original phone, appx 4 years old, but after reading some of the post concerning tracfone's customer service I am having second thoughts. I called customer service today and was on hold for more than 30 minutes, called on a landline so it didn't cost me any minutes. Another concern, I have tried to print the pages that have the information concerning the bundles I have been looking at but it is not possible to print these pages from tracfone's website. I would like to have this information before I complete my order incase there are problems with the product after I receive it. I thought that details of a contract were supposed to be given to the purchases before payment.
west53

Postby gcowan58 » Sat Jan 01, 2011 11:16 am

nick and jessicai am having a similar problem with the whole "dmfl" thing--and I am starting to beleive that is exactly what it is! I have posted 3 times about this in the past day and have had ZERO response from ANYONE at tracfone! What the heck is going on? you sell the dmfl plan, then screw us out of it? What kind of business is this? I spent $200 on a 1500 min card, added it to my dmfl phone, broke that phone, purchased another dmfl phone, but now i only have 1600+ min? interesting that I had 3100+ min when I broke the phone, and now it's 1500 min short, just the "double" amount the the $200 card I purchased. "Glenda", the on duty supervisor yesterday, tells me that the only way I can get any info about my minutes is to "SUBPOENA" the information..are you kidding me? just look at my minutes activations over the past 3 years...it will become apparent that there is no way i used 2000 minutes since october. Gerry Cowan
MISTER Cowan, to you.
gcowan58

Postby Jessica » Wed Feb 09, 2011 7:19 am

Good day, west53. My name is Jessica TracFone. Sorry that you're having a problem. I'm going to try to help you now. We need to take this issue offline so I can address it further. I will contact you directly with a private message and you will receive confirmation of this at the email address you provided when you signed up for this forum. Thank you.
Jessica

Postby dougwj3w » Thu Feb 10, 2011 1:30 pm

I also was charged for four 200 minute recharges today and none were doubled as they were supposed to be (lifetime of phone). Can you contact me at 717-***-****. The two issues - charged for four transactions and none of them doubled. Doug
dougwj3w

Postby dougwj3w » Thu Feb 10, 2011 1:33 pm

Also same problem here. Please call me please Nick.
dougwj3w

Next

Return to Current specials, promotions and discount codes.