Confused about smart vs non and when you get 3x minutes

Confused about smart vs non and when you get 3x minutes

Postby RandySea » Thu Nov 01, 2018 11:33 am

I was looking to buy a cheap, extra phone from Tracfone. It would need to be a cdma (Verizon based) phone for 98862. That's what I currently have with my BYOP iPhone, but I need a second phone too.

Tracfone is selling phones from $10 to several hundred dollars. They all look like smartphones, though the $10 ones are probably not very smart at all. (Old versions of Android and minimal memory, it looks like.) Does that mean they all recharge from the smartphone menu of recharges? For example, 1200 minutes + 365 days for $99?

If not, do any get 3x minutes or are those cheap phones all 400 minutes for $99?

Thank you.
RandySea

Re: Confused about smart vs non and when you get 3x minutes

Postby RandySea » Fri Nov 02, 2018 7:50 pm

Is there really no one who can answer what I thought were simple questions?
RandySea

Postby TracFone - Larry » Sat Nov 03, 2018 8:07 am

Hi RandySea. I'm TracFone Larry. Let us help you with your inquiry. You can recharge or add airtime to Smartphone through the My Account app, at the website http://www.tracfone.com or customer care at 1-800-867-7183. Monday-Sunday from 8:00 AM to 11:45 PM EST. Phones with Triple Minutes Plan will still get the benefits. Non-Smartphone have only one bucket for minutes which triple upon redemption if the device has the existing Triple Minutes Plan. Smartphone have three separate buckets; calls, text and data. These three buckets triple upon redemption if the device has the Triple Minutes Plan. If you have further questions or concerns, please check your forum inbox for a message. Click on "New Messages" beside User Control Panel to view your forum inbox. You may also text the key word HELP to 611611 to view our self-service menu with a list of help key words with valuable information. Thank you.
TracFone - Larry

Postby RandySea » Sat Nov 03, 2018 2:35 pm

Are there any low priced Tracfone phones being sold today with triple minutes? On the website, I don't see "triple minutes" anywhere for phones that use CDMA (Verizon network) for 98862.

Thank you.
RandySea

Postby TracFone - Larry » Sat Nov 03, 2018 3:31 pm

Hi RandySea. I'm TracFone Larry. All TracFone Smartphone releases will no longer have Triple Minute Plan benefits. Existing handsets will still have the same benefits including Auto-Refill plan. However, as an incentive to customers, all TracFone customers upgrade from a feature phone to Smartphone will get the Triple Minute benefit as a promotion for upgrading to a new Smartphone. Also, if customers currently have the Triple Minute on their Smartphone, it will be transferred to the new Smartphone. Thank you.
TracFone - Larry

Return to Post your questions and get answers about talking and texting, and setting up voicemail with your TracFone.