text charge question.

text charge question.

Postby inline300 » Mon Jul 25, 2011 5:56 pm

Hello.

I just purchased an LG 500G.

I noticed that from time to time, Ill send a text and Ill get charged but it wont go through, instead, it goes to the outbox.

I assumed, that in the outbox, it would wait, until service was available, then proceed to be delivered but thats not happening. As I can have texts in the outbox, and sent other texts or make calls, and they will go through fine.

What give me this impression, was if an undelivered text, goes to the outbox, within the outbox, if I click options, at the top, the first option is stop sending message or something to that effect.

But this message never leaves.

If I choose to stop sending message, or click retry to send, I get charged again, and usually, the message will be sent without a hitch.

Should messages that are sent to the outbox, ultimately, be delivered automatically, once service to the phone is available or not?
inline300

Re: text charge question.

Postby TracFone - Felice » Fri Oct 28, 2011 7:33 pm

Hi Inline300. My name is Tracfone Felice and I will be addressing your question. Yes, Once signal is up again, the messages that was stored in your outbox will be automatically sent. You may wait untl the message will be sent and beware from pressing the word option on your outbox to avoid wasting your minutes.Thank You
TracFone - Felice

Postby venglisch » Sun Jan 29, 2012 2:11 am

I am having the same problem. My service at my home is very weak and my text messages often won't get through. However, the messages that get stored in the Outbox never get send automatically. They are sitting there for days. I would have to cancel the message and resend and get charged for sending the message again.
Why aren't the initially failed messages send automatically?
venglisch

Postby Sophie » Sun Jan 29, 2012 3:22 am

Hi venglisch. My name is TracFone Sophie. Sorry that you’re having a problem. I’m going to try to help you now.
We need to take this issue offline so I can address it further. I’ll contact you directly at the e-mail address you provided when you signed up for this forum. Thanks.
TracFone - Sophie
Sophie

Postby venglisch » Sun Jan 29, 2012 5:40 pm

Sophie wrote:Hi venglisch. My name is TracFone Sophie. Sorry that you’re having a problem. I’m going to try to help you now.
We need to take this issue offline so I can address it further. I’ll contact you directly at the e-mail address you provided when you signed up for this forum. Thanks.

I've noticed that you didn't try to contact me via email but you posted a private message. Unfortunately, it is not clear to me how to reply to those messages.
Would I need special permissions to reply to a private message, maybe?
venglisch

Postby Anne1 » Mon Jan 30, 2012 4:23 am

Hi venglisch. My name is TracFone Anne. I’ve sent you a private message; please check your inbox. Thanks.
TracFone - Anne
Anne1

Postby venglisch » Tue Jan 31, 2012 12:02 am

Anne1 wrote:Hi venglisch. My name is TracFone Anne. I’ve sent you a private message; please check your inbox. Thanks.

Hi Anne, I would be happy to comunicate with you via private message but - as you certainly read in my previous post - it is not clear to me how to reply to a message.

Could you tell me, please?
venglisch

Postby venglisch » Thu Feb 02, 2012 12:11 am

Posting test message
venglisch

Postby venglisch » Thu Feb 02, 2012 12:18 am

Posting another test message
venglisch

Return to Post your questions and get answers about talking and texting, and setting up voicemail with your TracFone.