Voicemail notification not working correctly

Re: Voicemail notification not working correctly

Postby TracFone - Larry » Thu May 31, 2018 12:30 pm

Hi tomseys. I'm TracFone Larry. We are glad to know that your issue has been taken care of. If you should have questions or concerns, please let us know. You can use our self-service menu by simply texting the word HELP to 611611. Thank you.
TracFone - Larry

Postby bigbw » Tue Jul 24, 2018 5:48 pm

i have the same issue.. can you direct me to someone who can fix it..
bigbw

Postby tomseys » Thu Jul 26, 2018 8:44 pm

For this visual voicemail problem you have I think you are going to need the tier three support group phone number to get it resolved.

That's how Tracfone Larry helped me with this and how I got it corrected. I couldn't get it fixed with the online chat or the regular support phone number when I tried.

You need the phone number 866 806 1840 and a reference pin and then you call in and ask them to remove the VVM from the account and enable basic voicemail. Hopefully you get someone good and it goes successfully.

Maybe Tracfone Larry or someone can provide you with this.

Good luck getting it fixed.
Last edited by tomseys on Sat Jul 28, 2018 8:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My Phones: Tracfone iPhone 6S, Tracfone iPhone SE and Tracfone Samsung J3 Luna Pro
tomseys

Postby TracFone - Larry » Sat Jul 28, 2018 8:47 am

bigbw wrote:i have the same issue.. can you direct me to someone who can fix it..

Hi bigbw. My name is TracFone Larry. I read your post and I am sorry you’re having some problems. We will check if your phone is properly provisioned in the system. Please check your forum inbox for a message. Click on "New Messages" beside User Control Panel to view your forum inbox. You may also text the key word HELP to 611611 to view our self-service menu with a list of help key words with valuable information. Thank you.
TracFone - Larry

Postby bigbw » Sat Jul 28, 2018 10:58 am

I have been to chat multiple times and they are no help.. If you read the entire thread, the other user's issue was solved by someone contacting Verizon and getting them to correct the issue on their side.. That is what I need.. He said he got a phone # for level 3 support and a pin number to use.. Can I get that..
bigbw

Postby bigbw » Sun Jul 29, 2018 10:59 am

chat was no help.. They just say the same thing they always do.. Everything looks fine on their side, so it must be an issue with the phone.. I did get Voicemail reset, but that did no good.. As I have said before, the issue is on Verizons side of things.. They need to change my voice mail to basic, or somehow fix Visual VM so it works right..
bigbw

Postby Aura » Wed Sep 12, 2018 4:46 pm

I not only have the voicemail notification not working correctly (meaning I'm not getting the traditional vm icon on top of the screen) I receive a gibberish text message along with the voicemail that looks like this: //VZWVVM:SYNC:ev=NM;id=43;c=2;t=v;s=(calling number);dt=12/09/201802:52-0400;l=7;dev_t=5) -> From text number: 900080006202

I have just bought a unlocked LG G6 at Best Buy 7 days ago (9/6/2018) because I wanted a good spec cellphone because I was sick of watching the progress bar trying to process calculations because it was too low on resources or RAM or HD space.
I did use the "Tracfone Bring your own SmartPhone SIM Kit" for $1.00 and it worked perfectly - all online - zero tech support ;)
After noticing this problem, I researched it on this forum and on howardforums.com learning that "some" TF customers have had success and some no success in fixing this voicemail notification icon not displaying and receiving a garbled text message along with it.

I had bought the QVC tracfone LG Stylo 4 but they realized that NO customers could activate it, so there was a massive callback on this phone but at that time I had been on TF customer "service" with the number 1-866-806-1840 w/ticket number. Now with this new problem on this new phone, I though I could "slip" in using this "ticket" number on a different problem on a different phone, But, No, it expired and had to become a "civilian" and go through CS like everyone else, lol.

I can say that: IT CAN BE DONE! BECAUSE I HAVE DONE IT - My experience: So i know that i have VVM (Visual Voicemail) - because: (#1) when you go through the VM prompts - After #4 (personal options) - I don't have option: #1 (Message waiting indicator on/off - Basic vm only), and (#2) I'm getting the text messages VZWVVM instead of a standard vm icon like we all have had in the past.

So, I call that number above and go through the standard prompts to get to a "live" person. I tell the person to hook me with tier 3 tech support and they do, I tell them to: "remove visual voicemail and activate basic voicemail" this 1st tech said ok and just had me do: *73 on my phone but I later realized after hanging up that they just reset the BAD: VVM and also realized later that my password was also reset and It didn't work.

I called again and asked to be sent to tier 3 - then again told them to "remove visual voicemail and activate basic voicemail" and again this tech "person" said that there is no way to disable VVM because it doesn't exist on their system, I told them that it does and I had done it before. He told me that there is a tier 4 tech support that's even above him and he will connect me to them. I was like: "YES" !!

I repeated again what I wanted and I could tell that he knew exactly what I was talking about, he removed VVM (Visual Voicemail) and activated standard basic voicemail :D , I was like: " Thank you, sir, you are awesome" - I asked him to call my cellphone and leave a VM and he did and IT WORKED, I received just a VM icon and NO Text message!
NOTE: when he activated basic vm, i did receive a gibberish text message, like the one above, BUT it was different: //VZWVVM:STATUS:rc=2;st=U;vmg_url=https:vmg.vzw.com/(capt letters)/VMServices -> From text number: 900080006204

So yea, I'm happy . . . . oh, your welcome
Si vis pacem, para bellum
Aura

Postby TracFone - Maria » Thu Sep 13, 2018 12:17 pm

Hi. My name is TracFone - Maria. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience you have encountered with your visual voicemail. That is never the experience we want you to have. On the other hand, we are glad that it is now working. Should you need further assistance in the future, please let us know. Thanks.
TracFone - Maria

Postby justxfor » Wed Dec 12, 2018 7:06 pm

i have read thru this thread and tried phone support but have not been able to get VVM disabled.

Tracfone Larry can you help?
justxfor

Postby TracFone - Larry » Sat Dec 15, 2018 9:56 am

Hi justxfor. I'm TracFone Larry. We apologize for the trouble. Yes. We can help you with your concern. Please check your forum inbox for a message. Click on "New Messages" beside User Control Panel to view your forum inbox. You may also text the key word HELP to 611611 to view our self-service menu with a list of help key words with valuable information. Thank you.
TracFone - Larry

PreviousNext

Return to Post your questions and get answers about talking and texting, and setting up voicemail with your TracFone.