Voicemail notification not working correctly

Re: Voicemail notification not working correctly

Postby Aura » Fri Mar 15, 2019 6:51 am

so let's get this one straight, I'll TELL YOU HOW TO Disable VoLTE::

The secret settings codes to disable: HD Voice, then VoLTE, enable data, then called Tier 3 to confirm deProvision of VoLTE, disable data, keep WiFi on.

Sat Feb 09, 2019 12:20 am -> if you actually READ the thread, you would know the answer to your question, ;) I provide visual screenshots if you don't want to read words.

I provide a lot of information to my followers. All Pro bono

I'm also the one that provided the actual voice mails from Tier 3 themselves confirming the successful provision of Universal Basic Voicemail.

I get a stats email whenever someone listens to the audio (voicemails) it's amazing how many people read my threads.
Si vis pacem, para bellum
Aura

Postby Aura » Fri Mar 15, 2019 6:58 am

I'm off duty today, so I'll be self provisioning Universal Basic Voicemail at about noon today - Stay tuned ! :mrgreen:
Aura

Postby tomseys » Fri Mar 15, 2019 7:10 am

Like I already said that hidden settings code doesn't work on my Tracfone branded phone.

I've gotten voLTE provisioned to accounts twice by calling in to tier three support and when I did basic voicemail was immediately changed to VVM. That's my experience.

Same with purchasing data or data containing plans. But not minutes only or texts.
My Phones: Tracfone iPhone 6S, Tracfone iPhone SE and Tracfone Samsung J3 Luna Pro
tomseys

Postby _j_ » Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:58 am

I don't know how what happens with VoLTE on the front-end effects things but, for what its worth, I stopped receiving voicemail notifications well before the VoLTE setting appeared, recently, under my mobile network settings.
_j_

Postby Aura » Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:09 am

:mrgreen:
I couldn't wait till noon, lol

13 Steps to Freedom

1) Turned Data on and wifi is also on (always for me)
2) Turned off VoLTE in secret code settings
3) Called Tech Support then to Tier 3 to provision VoLTE to disable
4) Turned phone Off
5) Pulled out SIM card, restarted phone without SIM card
6) Turned phone Off
7) Put SIM back in, turned phone ON - phone went into a setup type mode, then asked to restart again - took a while to boot up - everything seemed normal but I got some kind of Security update
8) Used free online sms text to phone, in the From field: put the number 900080006204
In the message field: //VZWVVM:STATUS:rc=2;st=U;vmg_url=https://vmg.vzw.com/VMGIMS/VMServices
9) In about 30 seconds it made the same notification sound it did as if when I would have called Tier 3 tech support to have them do it, it was like a message received notification but louder.
10) **Called my phone and left a message, got the normal basic voicemail notification icon and the normal notification to press - to call Basic Voicemail**
11) I checked VoLTE in secret settings and it is On without me doing anything!! didn't have to call back
12) Got a text msg asking to do a survey Q1: how likely are you to recommend our service to others? Q2: Was your issue resolved to your satisfaction?
13) Turned data off, wifi is always on for me

I'm curious to see if anything triggers VVM back On, for me it's buying anything online: Text, Min, Data but as long as I know that I can Self Provision Universal Basic Voicemail, I'm Good To Go!

LG G6 - LIFE'S GOOD

YOUR WELCOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:mrgreen:
Aura

Postby tomseys » Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:20 am

That's pretty cool then. I don't have that capability in terms of access to secret settings. I've always called in and what happens, happens. Of course I also have a factory installed Tracfone/Samsung VVM app so I haven't really had to deal with that. Though I did try to uninstall it/disable it with the hope it would free up native Android VVM but that didn't work.

As far as minutes/texts/data and VVM goes... in my experience....

I bought some minutes ... I was offered 300 minutes for $10 in my checkout on the site, and bought them, twice, and neither time was VVM activated. Same with buying the $5 text card. No VVM.

(As an aside: You can only get some of these add ons like $49.99 one year card in the check out with a Tracfone branded account no longer with BYOP I believe. A recent change.)

But I added 4 or 5 1 GB data for $8 with promo code and bam, VVM. Every time, lol.

Same with the $15 smartphone plan card that includes data that I got with some reconditioned Tracfones I bought. Three of them.. this yields VVM. The common factor.. data.

I still have one card I'm not going to add for now since I'm tired of changing the VVM back to basic and I'll save it for another phone in the future.
Last edited by tomseys on Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My Phones: Tracfone iPhone 6S, Tracfone iPhone SE and Tracfone Samsung J3 Luna Pro
tomseys

Postby Aura » Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:47 am

The fact that I didn't have to call in to provision VoLTE to ON is very strange and I have read on other forums that doing what I did with the SIM card is what actually restarts the phone back to Basic Voicemail. Just like what happened to me when I 1st bought the phone and inserted the SIM card for the 1st time. I had Android 7 , then it automatically updated to Android 8 Oreo, with a Security update.

Example: I hacked all the Adobe software including Photoshop with a .dll hack - it's basically installing the full version of the software but it has a 30 day trial of the full version, and the .dll hack basically loops the software into a perpetual state of a trial full version. But all of that is well and good, but any Adobe product calls into the home office servers to check if the software that has just been turned on is a full paid version and if its not the software is automatically made Expired and unusable. To get past that some people pull out the ethernet cable whenever they startup the Adobe product or what I did is to find all the server url's that adobe talks to and put a block so the software never talks to the home office servers.

So, saying all that, when the SIM card is taken out then restarted then inserted again the restarted again, it talks to the Tracfone home servers and installs what is needed for your account and starts fresh just as if you bought the phone and activated it for the 1st time.
Aura

Postby tomseys » Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:01 am

That's interesting. I've never heard of anyone calling in to provision voLTE to disable.

It's a shame you can't find a VVM app to work with your phone if you are ok with VVM in general.
tomseys

Postby Aura » Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:21 am

:)
VoLTE is mandatory, I think by the end of this year, so it makes total sense to have to call in to disable, since it is now required by all providers.

You just witnessed the answer live, this is why I didn't have to call in to turn it On, the SIM card kind of rebooted the phone to startup like new, sent the signal to the Tracfone servers to give what the phone requires.

It's an automatic On for VoLTE and soon we will get an automatic Android 9 Pie update because the providers along with Android will provision it.

But if you have a Tracfone branded phone you won't get the Android Pie update at least that's what I know about my many other Tracfone branded phones before I got an unlocked unbranded phone.

I actually found and downloaded the VVM APP - - -> Voicemail_11.2.02.apk or com.samsung.vvm.se_11.2.14.0-1121400420_minAPI26(nodpi)_apkmirror.com.apk

Actually all I have to do is change my SIM card to anything other than Verizon - I can go to AT&T or T-Mobile -
You might not know this but Verizon is the reason for this VVM problem, not Tracfone!!
Last edited by Aura on Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Aura

Postby tomseys » Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:26 am

Well it seems many Tracfone branded phones don't get Android OS updates. None of the ones I have do. My TF Luna pro has the same version of Marshmallow it had when it was released I think almost 2 years ago. I've read some TF Motos and upper tier Samsungs may get them, and at least one person reported that a Tracfone related Samsung S9 got Pie. Many of the TF phones also get infrequent and limited security updates as well. With the Tracfone HSN bundle deals it's easy and cheap to just spend $79-$99 and get a brand new phone/OS and 1 year of service with 1500 minutes, text and data, every year. The phone service alone would normally cost you $125.

My only experience with voLTE as far as having to deal with Tracfone support was with getting it provisioned or enabled when the voLTE calls setting was missing in the Android settings. And when I did that it changed my Basic VM to VVM. So for me, it was always about getting it and then dealing with VVM by calling in to remove it from the account and enable Basic VM. In addition to dealing with other triggers like occasional transfers and now buying data or plans containing data (but not separate minutes and texts) etc - for a few different TF phones.
tomseys

PreviousNext

Return to Post your questions and get answers about talking and texting, and setting up voicemail with your TracFone.