Switching my service from a broken phone to a used one

Switching my service from a broken phone to a used one

Postby longsufferingTFuser » Wed Feb 17, 2021 1:56 am

So, I have been using Tracfone with and Alcatel flip phone for like a year and a half. No, I don't want to upgrade, I am happy w/the phone I have. The problem is, I broke it so the screen doesn't work, and to replace it I got a NEARLY identical Alcatel quickflip Cricket phone used from my boss. It has it's own # and Sim Card. I can't just put my old sim in it because then it start asking for the network unlock code, which seems nearly impossible to find. I called customer service, and they said I had to buy a new Sim Card, which I did, but not knowing what kind I had to get, I got another Cricket SIm. All I want is to keep my Tracfone service and # on this new device. I'm fairly certain I can figure out how to transfer my data. But I I call customer service, and they claim to be closed even though it's when they're supposed to be open. Typical Tracfone. I'd like to get this figured out before even opening the sim card so I can just return it if I got the wrong one. I have got to say, the way this website is made is less than helpful and I'm going to try customer service again, but this is how you lose customers..... Don't make contacting a customer service rep nearly impossible. And the bot was no help because flip-phones aren't on the options menu.

anyhow...
longsufferingTFuser

Re: Switching my service from a broken phone to a used one

Postby TracFone - Maria » Wed Feb 17, 2021 7:44 pm

Hi longsufferingTFuser. I'm TracFone - Maria. We're sorry for the inconvenience that you have experienced. We would love to help you with your concern. Please check your Forum inbox for a message. Click on "New Messages" beside User Control Panel to view your Forum inbox. You can use our self-service menu by simply texting the word HELP to 611611. Thank you.
TracFone - Maria

Return to Post your questions and get answers about talking and texting, and setting up voicemail with your TracFone.