Samsung s390g wifi authenication failed

Re: Samsung s390g wifi authenication failed

Postby Lindsay » Mon Jul 09, 2012 1:20 am

Hi nancie. My name is TracFone Lindsay. We are sorry for the trouble. Let me help you. We need to take this issue offline so I can address it further. I’ll contact you directly at the e-mail address you provided when you signed up for this forum. Thanks.
Lindsay

Postby ST Dog » Mon Jul 09, 2012 11:16 am

dgd5870 wrote:This was no help at all. It was a total waste of my afternoon.

For some reason they won't allow access to PMs until you have a certain number of posts.
Of course those posts are moderated and take time to register.
Then to make matters worse, they always want to handle stuff through PMs, never in the open.

You can get some help, but it's often like pulling teeth.

So, back to your question..
Did you check all the connection settings and verify they match your router?
Specifically WEP/WPA and key length.
ST Dog

Postby gary cornett » Thu Jul 12, 2012 8:10 pm

samsung s390 wi-fi authenication failed. what can i do like the others...gary cornett
gary cornett

Postby TracFone - Jhonally » Fri Jul 13, 2012 1:36 am

Hi gary cornett. My name is TracFone Jhonally. Sorry that you’re having a problem. I’m going to try to help you now. We need to take this issue offline so I can address it further. I will contact you directly with a private message and you will receive confirmation of this at the email address you provided when you signed up for this forum. Thank you.
TracFone - Jhonally
TracFone - Jhonally

Postby garkl33 » Fri Jul 13, 2012 4:40 pm

i got my wifi connection to work ONCE .. the same day i got my phone .. since then i cant connect .. to any wifi ... not at work which is an open network .. not at home where there is a password and it had been added n saved .... i also need to know where i can get a usb cable to connect to my computer ,, i bought one but the cell part connection seems to be too big to fit in the opening of the phone .. its new i dont want to force it n break it .. there are no accessories i can find on trac fone site for samsung s390 g .. and literally NO info with problems .. other then this forum .. thanks for any help .. ps hope im doing this right :) cheers
garkl33

Postby beckerdesign » Tue Jul 17, 2012 6:35 pm

I've been working on trying to connect this same exact phone at the office to our router. I can connect my iPad, MacBook Pro and all our iMacs including both my co-workers iPhones to it. No go with this s390g. I've turned wifi on correctly to get the blue icon at the top. It then proceeds to search and find all the networks and I see ours on the list. I click it and I have it set to:

Bearer Type: Wi-Fi
SSID: (my network name)
Auth Type: Open
Encryption Type: WEP
Key Lengh: 64 bits (because our WEP password is 10 digits)
Index ID: 1
Password: (our password)
Protocal: HTTP
Home URL: http://m.tracfone.com
Proxy Address: (I leave this blank)
Linger Time: 300
Ad Hoc: Off

Click Save, then it says Authentication Failed. I've tried multiple variations of this, including removing the battery and card and rebooting phone. Someone please help. Thank you.
beckerdesign

Postby beckerdesign » Tue Jul 17, 2012 6:52 pm

I also want to know how many times a customer needs to contact TracFone on these forums before a representative reaches out to help. If anyone could help I would really appreciate it.
beckerdesign

Postby Jessica » Wed Jul 18, 2012 10:57 am

Good day, beckerdesign. We're sorry for the trouble. My name is Jessica TracFone and I'll be addressing your concern. We need to take this issue offline so I can address it further. I will contact you directly with a private message. Thank you.
Jessica

Postby beckerdesign » Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:50 am

Hello Tracfone Jessica. Here is an additional post. I'm trying to get to 5 total posts to qualify for private messaging reply per your message you sent to me.
beckerdesign

Postby beckerdesign » Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:55 am

A note for board members that are posting trying to get assistance from TracFone. I posted two posts yesterday and received a PM (private message) from a moderator. It said to have the serial # of my phone handy and they can assist me. However, there was an additional instruction that I feel is autogenerated that told me that I needed to post 3 more times to reply to the PM.
beckerdesign

PreviousNext

Return to Accessing websites and other Web discussions.