Transfering to a new tracfone trouble

Transfering to a new tracfone trouble

Postby a_wolfie » Sat Feb 18, 2012 8:18 pm

I am transferring from a Motorola W175g to a LG501C. I went through the transfer process on-line and it deactivated my old phone. I called *22890 as instructed and got a successful confirmation message. The phone restarted. The instructions then say "Once you hear the successful confirmation message you must make a call to complete the Activations process." But I can't make a call still on the phone. The main screen says "Activation Required", and it says the same thing if I try to make a call. Not sure what to do next.

Thanks.
a_wolfie

Re: Transfering to a new tracfone trouble

Postby alita » Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:27 pm

Hi a_wolfie. My name is TracFone Alita. Sorry that you're having a problem. I'm going to try to help you now. I will contact you directly with a private message and you will receive confirmation of this at the email address you provided when you signed up for this forum.
alita

Postby a_wolfie » Mon Feb 20, 2012 1:32 am

Hi Altia, I see your personal message but I cannot reply to it. I also did not get an e-mail even though I double checked my address that is linked to my account and it is correct. I assume I should not post the serial number on the forum for security reasons?

Thanks
a_wolfie

Postby marianne » Mon Feb 20, 2012 1:40 am

Hi a_worfie. TracFone Alita is currently unavailable. My name is TracFone Marianne. Let me help you. Please try to post atleast 5 times for you to respond through private message. If you are able to respond, please provide me the serial number of the new phone through private message for security reasons.
marianne

Postby a_wolfie » Mon Feb 20, 2012 10:22 am

No offense, but this seems kind of stupid... I joined the forum to get help, but I can't get help because I can't send a private message when you ask me to. Can't you allow me to send private messages? What is the criteria for being able to send private messages? Not to mention it is not sending e-mails to my private e-mail account even though I am sure that the account address is correct.
a_wolfie

Postby alita » Tue Feb 21, 2012 6:29 pm

Hi a_wolfie. I've sent you a private message. Please try to go back to your inbox to see if you can send your reply already. Thanks.
alita

Return to Making the transition to TracFone prepaid
no-contract service. Want to keep your number from your old provider? Learn how, here.