porting

porting

Postby Apple Jax » Tue Jun 08, 2010 6:49 am

A week and a half ago I purchased a straight talk phone. I set everything up online and noticed it did not issue me a phone number I was trying to port at first. After a day I called customer service and they advised me that something had went wrong. They could try to do a port again or give me a new number. I chose to get a new number so the process was faster. The CSR informed me that there was a system error and could not get a number for my phone. There was a system error because somehow more than one account is listed for the phone serial or something to that effect. I was given a ticket number and told to wait 24 to 48 hours. I called back we tried again with the same problem and a new ticket number **********, and told to wait another 24 to 48 hours it has been three days, and still no resolution. The phone is brand new purchased from Wal-Mart along with the 45 dollar service card. Customer support seems to have no knowledge of what is going on and just continues to tell me to wait. When calling today they tell me oh please allow another 24 hours. Well I believe a week and a half is more than enough time to get the situation fixed. If something does not change soon I will be blogging about my experience and tuning this matter over to the BBB. Hopefully this issue can be fixed and I can say good things about straight talk in the future as many of my friends are asking how the service is.... phone serial number by the way is *** *** *** ***.
Apple Jax

Re: porting

Postby TracFone - Michael » Tue Jun 08, 2010 9:15 am

Hi. My name is TracFone Michael. Sorry that you're having a problem. This forum is strictly for TracFone phones. If you have a question or concern regarding a Straight Talk phone, please e-mail us at [email=custsrv@straighttalk.com]custsrv@straighttalk.com[/email] for assistance. Thanks for your patience. I believe this resolves your issue. It's been a pleasure helping you. Have a good day.
TracFone - Michael
TracFone - Michael

Return to Making the transition to TracFone prepaid
no-contract service. Want to keep your number from your old provider? Learn how, here.