Switching from one tracfone to another

Switching from one tracfone to another

Postby HaroldII » Fri Feb 08, 2013 4:37 pm

Currently have an old Motorola and just bought a new Samsung (T245G). I want to keep the same phone number and the 1000+ minutes I have on the old phone. Do I just swap in the old SIM card to the new phone or are other actions required??

Hal
HaroldII

Re: Switching from one tracfone to another

Postby TracFone - Louise » Fri Feb 08, 2013 4:42 pm

Hi HaroldII. My name is TracFone Louise. Please do not swap the SIM cards on the phones Sorry that you’re having a problem. I’m going to try to help you now. We need to take this issue offline so I can address it further. I will contact you directly with a private message. Thank you.
TracFone - Louise

Postby HaroldII » Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:56 pm

Hey tracphone Louise. I found your offline message, but system wouldn't let me use the reply feature to answer your questions. In addition the following instruction you gave (below) don't see to work for my old Motorola model. When I follow them the only thing that comes up are the number of minutes I have left and my tracphone number.

"On your old phone, please go to Menu>Prepaid>Code Entry Mode>Code, enter the star (*) key, the pound (#) key, number zero (0), press OK and provide me the number below Parameter 00:____. Go back to Code and enter the star (*) key, the pound (#) key and numbers three (3) and zero (0) , press OK and provide me also the number below Parameter 30:____. Thanks." I can provide all the other info you requested, but hesitate to do it in an open forum environment.

Hal
HaroldII

Postby TracFone - Janice » Sun Feb 10, 2013 5:04 pm

HaroldII, please create 3 more posts to enable private messaging. Thanks.
TracFone - Janice

Return to Making the transition to TracFone prepaid
no-contract service. Want to keep your number from your old provider? Learn how, here.