Trouble Porting Away From Tracfone

Trouble Porting Away From Tracfone

Postby amandah73 » Thu Oct 01, 2015 11:10 am

I am having trouble porting my number away from Tracfone. Two days ago I activated my new phone with Cricket and the request was put in. They said it would work then. It didn't. I called Cricket and they said it would work by 12 pm the following day. It didn't. I have called Tracfone twice, but it's like the guys I've talked to don't know what I'm talking about. I have received several different answers and explanations, and it's a struggle to understand their accents, so I just end up confused. One guy told me the request was put in at 12:14 pm two days ago, which isn't possible since I didn't go to the store and request it until that evening. I was also told it takes 24 hours, and it takes 2 days, call to speed things up, but it happens automatically...but then I hear from other people that sometimes it happens almost immediately. I have called Cricket again and they said my porting status is confirmed but that Tracfone isn't releasing my number. They advised me to call Tracfone again. I want to talk to someone who knows what they're talking about and isn't just making stuff up! And obviously someone who speaks better English would be nice.
amandah73

Re: Trouble Porting Away From Tracfone

Postby TracFone - Katie » Thu Oct 01, 2015 11:11 am

Hi amandah73,
My name is TracFone Katie. Sorry that you’re having a problem. We need to take this issue offline so I can address it further. I will contact you directly with a private message. Thank you.
TracFone - Katie

Postby csrichter » Fri Jan 18, 2019 10:19 am

My new carrier submitted a number porting request yesterday, but Tracfone has not completed the request. I called Support but keep getting disconnected when they try to transfer me to the porting department, and the chat feature on the web site does not work. How can I get assistance with releasing my number?
csrichter

Postby TracFone - Katie » Fri Jan 18, 2019 7:43 pm

Hi csrichter,
My name is TracFone Katie. Sorry that you’re having a problem with your request to port out your number. We need to take this issue offline so I can address it further. I will contact you directly with a private message. Thank you.
TracFone - Katie

Postby anthonycwise » Tue Apr 16, 2019 3:18 pm

Same problem how is it fixed?
anthonycwise

Postby anthonycwise » Tue Apr 16, 2019 3:19 pm

How do you port from Tracfone?
anthonycwise

Postby TracFone - Larry » Fri Apr 19, 2019 9:39 am

anthonycwise wrote:Same problem how is it fixed?

Hi anthonycwise. I'm TracFone Larry. Please contact your new service provider if you wish to Port Out your number. If you should have further questions or concerns, please check your forum inbox for a message. Click on "New Messages" beside User Control Panel to view your forum inbox. You may also text the key word HELP to 611611 to view our self-service menu with a list of help key words with valuable information. Thank you.
TracFone - Larry

Return to Making the transition to TracFone prepaid
no-contract service. Want to keep your number from your old provider? Learn how, here.