Minimum time required prior to porting from TracFone

Minimum time required prior to porting from TracFone

Postby dr_java » Tue May 30, 2017 10:40 pm

Hi -

I don't have service with TracFone, but I'm considering activating and porting-in my existing phone number. If I do this, and have problems or want to leave TracFone otherwise, will TracFone honor a port-out request immediately?

Thank you.
dr_java

Re: Minimum time required prior to porting from TracFone

Postby TracFone - Katie » Tue May 30, 2017 10:42 pm

Hi dr_java,
My name is TracFone Katie. We need to check the status of your account first. We need to take this query offline so I can address it further. I will contact you directly with a private message. Please check your Forum inbox. It is located at the top left corner of your screen. It is next to User Control Panel. Thank you.
TracFone - Katie

Postby dr_java » Tue May 30, 2017 10:49 pm

When I click on the Open Chat link, it shows a message that you are off-line.
dr_java

Postby TracFone - Mark » Tue May 30, 2017 10:53 pm

Hi dr_java. My name is TracFone Mark. Sorry that you’re having a problem. I will contact you directly with a private message. Thanks.
TracFone - Mark

Postby dr_java » Tue May 30, 2017 11:12 pm

Mark: I attempted to respond to your chat link, also, but get the message that you are off-line. I tried this on 3 different computers, and 3 different browsers. Same result.

Maybe the question I put in the original post is stated clearly enough to get an answer - that is, after porting-in my number to a new TF activation, can I port my phone number away from TF if I have problem, or is my phone number locked-in for a period of time?
dr_java

Return to Making the transition to TracFone prepaid
no-contract service. Want to keep your number from your old provider? Learn how, here.