What is the PIN/password for my AT&T landline?

What is the PIN/password for my AT&T landline?

Postby werp » Sun Jul 30, 2017 6:51 pm

I have an old AT&T landline that I wish to port to a TracFone, but the online form asks for a "Password/PIN/V-Key" associated with this line. I don't have any such information, as far as I know. Is there a straightforward way to find a PIN for my standard home phone line, short of spending an hour on the phone with AT&T's terrible customer support line?

Thanks in advance.
werp

Re: What is the PIN/password for my AT&T landline?

Postby alita » Sun Jul 30, 2017 6:57 pm

Hi werp. My name is TracFone Alita. You need to check the PIN or password from your other service provider for us to process the port. Please check your Forum inbox for a private message. Thank you.
alita

Postby werp » Mon Jul 31, 2017 10:05 am

This doesn't really answer the question of how I *find* the PIN for my AT&T landline.
werp

Postby Shelly » Mon Jul 31, 2017 12:35 pm

Hi werp. My name is TracFone Shelly and I will be answering your inquiry. The required PIN should come from your current landline service provider. We are sorry; however, we have no way to check it from our end. Please contact your current service provider for the information.
TracFone - Shelly
Shelly

Return to Making the transition to TracFone prepaid
no-contract service. Want to keep your number from your old provider? Learn how, here.