Samsung Galaxy S320VL - Can't receive calls

Samsung Galaxy S320VL - Can't receive calls

Postby tulip » Tue Apr 17, 2018 11:17 am

I've noticed that on several occasions I am unable to receive calls. However, I can continue to make calls and send and receive texts.

Each time I realize this problem, I call tracfone tech support and they update something due to a mismatch between my phone and the network.

My question is, why does this keep happening? Tech support can't explain that. They just say it's fixed now.

Is there some software on my phone that is no longer compatible with tracfone? Do I just need to buy a new phone to remedy this problem? My wife has a Samsung Galaxy J7 Sky Pro and doesn't have this issue.

Thanks
tulip

Re: Samsung Galaxy S320VL - Can't receive calls

Postby TracFone - Larry » Wed Apr 18, 2018 10:35 am

Hi tulip. I'm TracFone Larry. We apologize for the trouble this has caused you. Let us help you check if the phone is properly provisioned in the system. For further assistance, please check your forum inbox for a message. Click on "New Messages" beside User Control Panel to view your forum inbox. Thank you.
TracFone - Larry

Postby tulip » Wed Apr 18, 2018 1:11 pm

Thanks Tracfone Larry.

I see a message with a link to chat with tech support.

The last few times I've called to get the update so I can receive calls again I told them that this is a recurring problem. I am unable to convince them of that because they say its fixed and won't be a problem anymore. But the next day, I'm back where I started.

How do I get from the first person I speak to at tech support to someone who can understand the issue and fix it for good?

This is a tracfone phone (not a byop) and I've had it almost a year now. I just noticed this problem in the last 2 weeks or so.

The PRL version on my phone is 15516.
tulip

Postby tulip » Thu Apr 19, 2018 7:39 pm

Thanks Tracfone Larry.

The last time I spoke with Tech Support on the phone they told me to dial *73 to fix it.

The next day when I again lost the ability to receive a call, I dialed that number and was able to receive calls again.

Is there a way to fix this issue so I don't have to keep doing that?

If I chat with Tech Support again as you have suggested, how do I get them to address the issue?

The last few times I've called, I've told them this is a repeat issue and it will happen again tomorrow but they keep saying its fixed for good.

This is a tracfone I've had for about a year with no problems till this issue occurred recently.
tulip

Postby TracFone - Larry » Sat Apr 21, 2018 2:07 pm

Hi tulip. I'm TracFone Larry. Sorry for the trouble. Kindly check your forum inbox for a message. Thank you.
TracFone - Larry

Postby tulip » Mon Apr 23, 2018 7:33 am

Thanks Tracfone Larry,

I called the higher department as you suggested and the next day I was able to receive a call without dialing *73 first.

I really appreciate all your help.

Jesus bless
tulip

Postby tulip » Fri May 11, 2018 8:42 am

Update,

Hey Tracfone Larry,

The fix from the higher department worked the next day, but the day after that, I had the same issue, unable to receive a call without dialing *73.

Unfortunately, I don't seem to be able to get this issue resolved because they consider the issue resolved because its working at the time of the phone call.

So to fix this once and for all, can you tell me if I just need a new SIM card or do I need to get a new phone?

Thanks
tulip

Postby TracFone - Larry » Mon May 14, 2018 2:42 pm

Hi tulip. I'm TracFone Larry. We apologize for the trouble this has caused you. Kindly check your forum inbox for a message.
TracFone - Larry

Return to Samsung