Transfer number & minutes from non smartphone to smartphone?

Transfer number & minutes from non smartphone to smartphone?

Postby MikeBear » Tue Jul 16, 2019 8:39 pm

My wife and I presently have Tracfone LG 306g's, which are sort of "half" smart 3g phones. They have java apps, and do a lot of things like smartphones.

Anyway, our year of service and such is coming up in a few months from now. IF we moved to Motorola Moto G6's, can the present phone numbers and minutes transfer to the new phones in this case? My wife alone has like 5,000 minutes left.

Or do we simply lose the minutes (that's a lot of money), but can transfer the phone number?

Thanks!

Mike
MikeBear

Re: Transfer number & minutes from non smartphone to smartph

Postby LindaCHU » Wed Jul 17, 2019 6:47 am

Yes, you can transfer your phone number and the phone's minutes.

Use chat and have the CSR verify the minutes on the phone before the transfer. :mrgreen:
LindaCHU

Postby MikeBear » Sun Sep 01, 2019 3:21 pm

Well, I bought a Motorola G6 android phone from HSN, with 1500/1500/1500, and I connected it to my wifi and did all the updates it called for, and I today initiated the activation of it and the transfer of the phone number from my present TracFone.

Old TracFone phone has 3g service with AT&T, and it seems the Moto G6 is going to be with Verizon, or at least came with Verizon sim.

Not sure how long it'll all take being as it's a holiday weekend, it's between two different companies (AT&T & Verizon) but nothing has happened so far over the last 1.5 hours...

My TracFone online account at tracfone.com shows it's all pending, so seems like it should eventually go well.

I hope anyway...
MikeBear

Postby TracFone - Larry » Sun Sep 01, 2019 3:47 pm

Hi MikeBear. I'm TracFone Larry. We'll check if the phone is properly provisioned in the system. To further assist you, please check your forum inbox for a message. Click on "New Messages" beside User Control Panel to view your forum inbox. You may also text the key word HELP to 611611 to view our self-service menu with a list of help key words with valuable information. Thank you.
TracFone - Larry

Postby MikeBear » Sun Sep 01, 2019 5:18 pm

TracFone - Larry wrote:Hi MikeBear. I'm TracFone Larry. We'll check if the phone is properly provisioned in the system. To further assist you, please check your forum inbox for a message. Click on "New Messages" beside User Control Panel to view your forum inbox. You may also text the key word HELP to 611611 to view our self-service menu with a list of help key words with valuable information. Thank you.

Thank you. The old phone went unregistered a little while ago, so I followed directions to power cycle the new Moto G6, and then make a phone call, which was successful. It all seems to be activated fine. I then setup my VM.

I checked my balance online (as the smartphone doesn't seem to have that listed on the screen like my old phone) and I seem to have received the 1500/1500/1500 from HSN, and the remaining minutes and Service time from my old phone.

So, I think I'm good to go now!

Guess I'll now finally have to figure out how to use a REAL smartphone, as I've never had one before...
MikeBear

Postby TracFone - Larry » Mon Sep 02, 2019 9:29 am

Hi MikeBear. I'm TracFone Larry. We're glad that your issue was taken care of. If you need a new phone, you check our current phone offers at www.tracfone.com. Also, you can bring phones from other service provider to TracFone through the Bring Your Own Phone program. Please don't hesitate to contact us if you should have questions or concerns. Have a nice day.
TracFone - Larry

Return to Motorola