Emergency Calls Only!

Emergency Calls Only!

Postby AZartist » Thu Nov 18, 2010 2:11 pm

I cannot make a call out - not even 611. Every call I try to make says "Emergency Calls Only!"I have all the bars - signal apparently strong. I have plenty of minutes and service days.I have been through the "diagnostic" screens and they end up saying call Customer Service. I CANNOT CALL WITHOUT A PHONE.I have contacted Customer Service through email, and all the did was send me back to the diagnostic screens which end up the same: "Call Customer Service."What part of "I cannot make a call" don't they understand? This is serious. I am in a very dangerous place.
AZartist

Re: Emergency Calls Only!

Postby Jessica » Sun Nov 21, 2010 12:45 pm

Good day, AZartist. My name is Jessica TracFone. Sorry that you're having a problem. I'm going to try to help you now. We need to take this issue offline so I can address it further. I will contact you directly with a private message and you will receive confirmation of this at the email address you provided when you signed up for this forum. Thank you.
Jessica

Postby Jessica » Tue Nov 23, 2010 7:43 am

Good day, AZartist. As per offline conversation, phone is no longer displaying 'Emergency Calls Only' error after you have turned the phone off and on. I believe this resolves your issue. It's been a pleasure helping you. Have a good day.
Jessica

Postby dgtaylor45 » Wed Nov 24, 2010 5:45 pm

My Samsunt t301 is having the same problem. Turning it off and back on ususlly solves it, but sometimes I have to do it more than once. I am beginning to wonder if this is a tracfone problem or a samsung problem.I have also noticed that almost all answers to the forum involve contacting someone offline so that no one else can see the resolution to the problem. That is why the same questions get asked over and over.I though the purpose of a forum was to share information so that instead of asking and waiting for a personal response, you could see what worked for others and then try it.
dgtaylor45

Postby Stephanie » Fri Nov 26, 2010 7:49 am

Hi dgtaylor45. My name is TracFone Stephanie. Sorry that you're having a problem. I'm going to try to help you now. If your phone is displaying emergency calls only, it is actually a matter of phone's network connection. Please reset the phone by going to settings>reset phone and press OK. Once ask for a lock code, please enter the last four digits of the phone number. Then check again if it's getting at least 3 bars on the screen already. You can also take the battery and the sim card out for a couple of minutes then insert it back and turn the phone on. In this way, the phone will update its network connection. There are actually issues that need to be taken offline because we cannot post our customer's phone information for security purposes. Thank you.
TracFone - Stephanie
Stephanie

Postby kailaf » Thu Dec 02, 2010 4:21 am

I am having the same problem as the writer before and can't figure out how to fix it.
kailaf

Postby dlreau » Tue Dec 07, 2010 11:10 am

thank you for these instructions. I just followed them and was able to reset the phone. Since I had just previously set up a phone password, this was the number that I had to input rather than the last 4 digits of the phone #.. But once I figured that out, it worked. thank you again. Now I need to solve my voicemail problem...
dlreau

Postby dlreau » Tue Dec 07, 2010 11:13 am

I followed these instructions and they worked!!! Since I had just previously set a phone password, this was the code that I had to use instead of the last 4 digits of the phone number.thank you so much. Now I just have to solve my voicemail problem...
dlreau

Postby Jessica » Mon Dec 13, 2010 1:57 am

Good day, Kaila. My name is Jessica TracFone. Sorry that you're having a problem. I'm going to try to help you now. . We need to take this issue offline so I can address it further. I will contact you directly with a private message and you will receive confirmation of this at the email address you provided when you signed up for this forum. Thank you.
Jessica

Postby AZartist » Mon Dec 13, 2010 4:14 am

My phone fixed itself. I powered down and left it for 30 minutes. When I powered up again, it had fixed itself. I suspect the SIM card gets overheated and screws itself up.
AZartist

Next

Return to Samsung