LG420G download pictures

LG420G download pictures

Postby drynear » Wed Nov 03, 2010 1:04 pm

I see the same question I have. How to download pictures with a USB connection. Your reply was "yes you can ==="I have been trying to find out how for hours and still cannot find how.Will you please elaborate?
drynear

Re: LG420G download pictures

Postby TracFone - Roxanne » Thu Nov 04, 2010 2:34 am

Hi dlr. My name is TracFone Roxanne. I will be addressing your question. We do apologize for the wrong information but the LG420G, is not capable of downloading pictures from PC to phone and vice versa, using a USB connection. I believe this answers your question. It's been a pleasure helping you. Have a great day!
TracFone - Roxanne
TracFone - Roxanne

Postby Karl K » Mon Nov 29, 2010 7:15 pm

Hi, I thought I'd point out another alternative...The LG420G supports Bluetooth, yes? You could do what I did with my LG600G and buy a Bluetooth adapter for your PC. They're fairly inexpensive (as little as $10 if you shop online), plug into a USB port, and generally come with software that allows wireless file transfers from a Bluetooth-enabled phone.This is more convenient than a wired USB transfer, in some ways. No cord to connect or lose... the Bluetooth adapter can stay plugged into your PC's USB port permanently, assuming you have enough ports, as modern PCs do. (I would get one of the "mini" or "micro" Bluetooth adapters, some are barely any bigger than a USB plug... you can plug it into one of the rear USB ports on the PC, so it doesn't tie up a front port.) File transfers are fairly quick. And I dunno about you, but I don't know where you'd even get a LG phone-to-USB cable anyway (my LG certainly didn't come with one, and I can't find one even at LG's own website).The only other option is to send pictures to your email address as MMS messages, but this is slow as molasses in January, uses airtime minutes, and you can only send a handful of photos in a single MMS message... trust me, it gets really tedious (which is why I went the Bluetooth route.)Hope this helps.
Karl K

Postby drynear » Sat Dec 04, 2010 3:57 am

I have two different bluetooth adaptors and two LG 420G phones and neither phone will find either adaptor even though both phones find two different car bluetooth connections and also they find the HP printer bluetooth.Does yours connect okay that way?Also, I had no trouble finding a usb cable for my phones on Ebay.Thanks
drynear

Postby Jessica » Tue Dec 28, 2010 4:35 am

Good day, dlr. My name is Jessica TracFone and I'll be addressing your concern. Those bluetooth might not be compatible with your LG420G phones. You may want to check it from the store where you purchase those bluetooth. Hope this has resolved your concern. It's been a pleasure helping you. Have a good day.
Jessica

Postby butchiesdad » Sat Oct 12, 2013 5:29 pm

how can you view pictures. i have the above phone, and i emailed them. then when i try to view them on my computer it does not work. it gives a mms message, keep in mind i have every program for pictures and videos, and none will open mms
butchiesdad

Postby Sam » Sat Oct 12, 2013 5:38 pm

Hi Butchiesdad. My name is TracFone Sam. Sorry that you’re having a problem. I’m going to try to help you now. We need to take this issue offline so I can address it further. I will contact you directly with a private message. Thanks.
TracFone - Sam
Sam

Postby gelfling6 » Sat Jan 25, 2014 4:37 pm

As others have already said, you cannot download photos from the LG420G to a computer, Via USB cable. The firmware has been locked by Tracfone for secutiry purposes. the ONLY method, for transfering files is via a Bluetooth dongle plugged into the USB port of the computer, or a bluetooth transciever built into the computer itself. I have tried a couple, and some allow direct access to the "My Folder" folder of the phone, or limited PIM network transfer. (up to 7 marked items at a time.) I've been able to direct-access using a Macintosh iBook G4, running OSX 10.4.11, and PIM method to a Windows-7 (x64) laptop. The photos should be 640X480 JPG format.
gelfling6

Return to LG