How to Stop Text Messages Sent By Tracfone?

How to Stop Text Messages Sent By Tracfone?

Postby Mainberg » Fri Jul 23, 2010 11:13 am

I have had an LG600G Tracfone since May 2009. During that time I have received about one unwanted promotional text message (not email) from Tracfone per week.I have phoned and written to Tracfone customer service asking that this stop many times; each time I'm told I'm not on any contact lists and the text messages should stop within 10 days. They don't stop.I use my Tracfone with my automobile's hands free link feature. If a text message comes in while I am driving, hands free link doesn't know what to do with it and my phone won't work until I stop the car, turn off the ignition, and clear the incoming message. So we can see this is a safety hazard, not just an irritation.Tracfone customer service doesn't appear to know wh*is sending me text messages on behalf of Tracfone, and clearly is unable to do anything to stop them.Caller ID shows all of them are sent from either 90379 or 77089. I have a log of all these from my in box dating back to June 17, 2009 and continuing through today (two so far today).I just found this forum. Does anyone here know how to solve this issue? I am on the point of changing providers to Verizon Prepaid or to T-Mobile prepaid, but for all I know other providers may spam their own customers too, so that might be a solution either.I have owned three other Tracfones in the past but this is the first phone on which Tracfone has spammed me.
Mainberg

Re: How to Stop Text Messages Sent By Tracfone?

Postby TracFone - Michael » Fri Jul 23, 2010 11:50 am

Hi. My name is TracFone Michael. Sorry that you're having a problem. I'm going to try to help you now. I will contact you directly with a private message and you will receive confirmation of this at the email address you provided when you signed up for this forum.
TracFone - Michael
TracFone - Michael

Postby TracFone - Michael » Sat Jul 24, 2010 1:09 pm

I've escalated this issue to the appropriate department and I've just got their response. We have put a stop on the system on sending promotional text messages to your phone which will be completed in 10 business days. Thanks for your patience. I believe this resolves your issue. It's been a pleasure helping you. Have a good day.
TracFone - Michael
TracFone - Michael

Postby Mainberg » Sun Aug 01, 2010 10:50 am

I would not mark this issue as resolved just yet, because it hasn't been 10 days yet since the action you took and because the unwanted messages have not yet stopped coming. I got another one today, August 1, from 90379, offering 20 free minutes for using code 32949. I do not deem this as so easily resolved unless and until 1) the 10 days have passed AND 2) the unwanted spam from Tracfone to my phone number stops.
Mainberg

Postby TracFone - Michael » Sun Aug 01, 2010 11:38 am

Hi. I do understand, however, we put a "resolved" status for this post considering that we have done something that will stop the promotional text messages from coming to you inbox after 10 days. If your issue will not be resolved after 10 days, we'll certainly reopen this post as "unresolved" and we we'll do whatever we can to mitigate this issue. Thank you for patience about this matter. Have a nice day!
TracFone - Michael
TracFone - Michael

Postby Mainberg » Thu Sep 09, 2010 6:33 am

Michael, I have received no unwanted text messages from Tracfone since August 1, so whatever you did seems to have been effective. Please, tell me, what did you do this time that worked, when so many prior efforts by customer service to fix the issue failed again and again, for months? I need to know exactly what went wrong and how it was corrected, in case the same thing starts again some time in the future.
Mainberg

Postby TracFone - Roxanne » Thu Sep 09, 2010 7:15 am

Hi Mainberg. My name is TracFone Roxanne. Michael is not available at the moment but he will respond to your question once he arrives. Thanks you!
TracFone - Roxanne
TracFone - Roxanne

Postby TracFone - Michael » Thu Sep 09, 2010 10:58 am

Hi Mainberg. I had escalated this issue to another department and I'm glad that it worked out. If this will happen again, please let us know by posting here or by notifying me. Thank you for your business. We appreciate it.
TracFone - Michael
TracFone - Michael

Re: How to Stop Text Messages Sent By Tracfone? CANNOT!

Postby Mainberg » Wed Sep 15, 2010 5:48 am

I declared victory too soon! I have just received a message from Tracfone (at 90379, same sender as the old nuisance we thought you had stopped) marked as sent at 11:18 AM 09/14/2010. When prompted that I have a message, I click the "ignore" button and then the message, as always, opens and displays anyway just as though I had clicked "view" which I never do. That in itself is another issue which I don't want to attempt to address. The content of the message is the usual SPAM commercial, in this case "Add a 120 Mins Card or greater & get 30 Bonus Mins using promo code 32366 by ur Service End Date"I am positively SICKENED that this has started again after I thought you finally had succeeded in stopping these.Please try again. AND PLEASE FIND OUT EXACTLY WHY THIS SPAMMING RESTARTED after stopping for only 1.5 months so we can figure out how to stop it for good. Maybe each time you tell Marketing to stop it lasts only 1.5 months. Maybe we have to do this drill every 1.5 months? We need a PERMANENT stop please?Meanwhile, I can never recommend Tracfone to any friend or acquaintance. I appreciate your efforts to help, which we mistakenly thought were successful. But your Marketing folks are completely out of control. If you can't control Marketing, Tracfone will lose its subscriber base. I know when I need more minutes and when I don't and I don't look forward to these pesky SPAM messages.Tracfone marketing is the ONLY party that ever has sent me a text message. Nobody else ever has texted me. If I could, I would disable all texting from my account but I can't. That should be possible. It may be the only way we can block your 90379 from reaching my phone.
Mainberg

Re: How to Stop Text Messages Sent By Tracfone? CANNOT!

Postby vince_TF » Wed Sep 15, 2010 6:59 am

Hi my name is TracFone Vince. Sorry to hear that. I will be escalating this again to our higher management so that we can resolve your issue as soon as possible and i will also forward this concern to TracFone Michael since he is fully aware of your issues. Thanks!
TracFone - Vince
vince_TF

Next

Return to Getting started, adding Airtime and other general TracFone discussions.