Senior needs loud volume, big keypad numbers

Senior needs loud volume, big keypad numbers

Postby DaisyPatch » Sat Nov 13, 2010 6:50 pm

Could you recommend a phone for my 88-year-old mother? The 2 features she needs are: clear and loud sound (both ringing and talking), and a keypad which has E-Z to see numbers. Noting else matters. Thanks!
DaisyPatch

Re: Senior needs loud volume, big keypad numbers

Postby Debbie » Sun Nov 14, 2010 4:34 pm

Hi. My name is TracFone Debbie and I will be addressing your question. You may visit this link http://bit.ly/bShTFe and enter your zip code for TracFone phones selection. I believe this answers your question. It's been a pleasure helping you. Have a good day.
TracFone - Debbie
Debbie

Postby DaisyPatch » Mon Nov 15, 2010 5:51 am

Thank you for answering, TracPhone Debbie, but I don't really see what you had in mind. Your link took me to the same old TracPhone home page with its same old itsy teensy cell phones with itsy teensy number pads and NO information at all as to how many decibels they produce for helping people make decisions about selecting one that is appropriate for a senior with fading hearing. It is well known that senior citizens are the largest underserved American population market group when it comes to selling cellphones. Some might think the responsibility lies wholly with the seniors. I think it needs to be also shouldered by companies that make zero effort to find out what the senior needs are and try to sell to those needs. There are tons of phones made in China that are perfect for seniors - you just take your SIM out of a phone that you buy from a regular service such as T-Mobile and put it in the senior big-number, ample-volume, no-games-included, phone and voila - problem solved. Since it appears from your answer that TracPhone does NOT sell a senior model directly, then my question becomes, can I take a SIM from one of your phones and put it in one that is adequate?
DaisyPatch

Postby Jessica » Tue Nov 16, 2010 6:46 am

Good day, DaisyPatch. My name is Jessica TracFone and I'll be addressing your question. Unfortunately, you cannot insert a TracFone SIM card to a different phone because it will be rejected. TracFone SIM cards are design to work with one particular associated phone. I believe this answers your question. It's been a pleasure helping you. Have a good day.
Jessica

Return to Getting started, adding Airtime and other general TracFone discussions.