Graphics, Ringtones and other Enhancements

Graphics, Ringtones and other Enhancements

Postby paradj » Fri Nov 05, 2010 3:31 am

is it possible to add "personalized" graphics to the LG 220c ?i would like to change the backgrounds but none that i've seen that are available (default, and, online) really fit my idealand as a graphic artist would like to add some of my own images. i can port my art to just about any graphic type (bmp,jpg,png,gif plus many others)which would be the best for this and how would i go about sending it?
paradj

Re: Graphics, Ringtones and other Enhancements

Postby Stephanie » Fri Nov 05, 2010 4:04 am

Hi paradj. My name is TracFone Stephanie and I will be addressing your question. No, you cannot personalize the graphics on your TracFone phone. You can only download ringtone online at[url[url=www.tracfone.com]www.tracfone.com[/url][url=www.tracfone.com]www.tracfone.com[/url][/url]. I believe this answers your question. It's been a pleasure helping you. Have a good day.
TracFone - Stephanie
Stephanie

Postby paradj » Fri Nov 05, 2010 5:20 am

[quote="Stephanie"]Hi paradj. My name is TracFone Stephanie and I will be addressing your question. No, you cannot personalize the graphics on your TracFone phone. You can only download ringtone online at[url[url=www.tracfone.com]www.tracfone.com[/url][url=www.tracfone.com]www.tracfone.com[/url][/url]. I believe this answers your question. It's been a pleasure helping you. Have a good day.[/quote] not even if i can get a pc data cable?LG does make this connector and several companies sell these cables online and at local stores.also, i was just curious as to which format the images would require or be most compatible..
paradj

Postby Stephanie » Fri Nov 05, 2010 8:06 am

You can try to use the USB cable wire as long as it is compatible with the phone. What is your phone model so I can check what is the image format that your phone can download. I believe this answers your question. It's been a pleasure helping you. Have a good day.
TracFone - Stephanie
Stephanie

Postby paradj » Sun Nov 07, 2010 5:27 am

sorry, i should have done some research on the web.I would have determined that what i was trying to accomplish with my LG 220c phone was and is possible.1. By, using the data cable which is readily available at many online stores for a wide range of prices.Mfg Part #: SGDY0014301or Model #: SGDY00143012. The image types most commonly used are BMP [ http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BMP_file_format ]3. more info: [ http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php/1627368-Here-s-how-I-got-ring-tones-on-the-lg220c ] [ http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php/1597926-LG-220C-Data-Transfer ]
paradj

Postby Steve99 » Mon Nov 08, 2010 7:08 am

Another method is to just use the camera part of the phone to take a picture of something, then change the background to a picture in your album, and choose that picture. New background.That is why I did, though admittedly it's not a nigh quality pic so can't see all the details and colors of the Grandmaster's Star of the order of knighthood I took a pic of.Hope this helps those not willing to jump through all the hoops to do an actual import.Though I would have thought that one could send a pic as a message attachment, save on phone, and then use that. No?Steve
Steve99

Postby Karl K » Thu Dec 09, 2010 3:54 am

Here's another option:If your phone supports Bluetooth, you can get an inexpensive (as little as $10 if you buy online) Bluetooth adapter for your PC. After installing the software that comes bundled with it (or, in some cases, the adapter may be supported directly by Windows) and plugging it in, you activate Bluetooth on your phone, then "pair" the phone with your PC. After that's done, you can put image files in a certain place on your PC, browse to that location with your phone, and transfer the files to the phone, putting them in the same place your other graphics normally go.You'd just have to make sure the images are the right size and format for your phone. My own LG appears to support JPG and PNG, at the very least. The resolution would depend on your phone, I'm not sure how well the phones will resize images to fit the screen. My LG600G's built-in wallpapers appear to be 128W x 160H, but ones downloaded from the Web store are 120x160 (go figure).This works both ways, by the way... you can use Bluetooth to send images (e.g. camera shots) TO your PC.I find this whole arrangement is much faster and more convenient than trying to send images by MMS (i.e. emailing them over the phone network), and unlike USB, there's no cable that you need to wrangle. The only downside is that you do need to buy and install the BT adapter and software. And naturally, none of this does you any good if the phone doesn't support Bluetooth.Hope this helps.Karl"Bluetooth... not just for hands-free headsets."
Karl K

Postby Stephanie » Thu Dec 09, 2010 5:25 am

I thank you very much for your suggestion karl K. Have a good day.
TracFone - Stephanie
Stephanie

Return to Have fun and enhance your TracFone.
Post questions and get answers here.