No signal

No signal

Postby freein05 » Sat Nov 27, 2010 6:35 am

I have had a Motorola I think model 139 for a number of years. We moved to a new area and I do not get reception Zip code 95223. My wife gets reception with her Verizon phone. If I drive to an area that has AT&T service I will get reception but that is 20 miles. Someone said I need to update my phone with Tracfone. I hope that is all I have to do otherwise I will have to change to Verizon.
freein05

Re: No signal

Postby Jessica » Mon Nov 29, 2010 5:07 am

Good day, freein05. My name is Jessica TracFone. Sorry that you're having a problem. I'm going to try to help you now. We need to take this issue offline so I can address it further. I will contact you directly with a private message and you will receive confirmation of this at the email address you provided when you signed up for this forum. Thank you.
Jessica

Postby Jessica » Mon Dec 06, 2010 4:26 am

Good day, freein05. As per offline conversation, you will purchase a new CDMA TracFone phone or a phone with no SIM card so you will be registered with Verizon network which is available to your new zip code. I believe this resolves your issue. It's been a pleasure helping you. Have a good day.
Jessica

Postby lraknrak » Tue Dec 07, 2010 8:02 am

ATT service has deteriorated in my area. My wife has Verizon service which works well. Can my phone service be switched to Verizon? I have a motorola 376g phone
lraknrak

Postby Stephanie » Fri Jan 07, 2011 7:07 am

Hi Iraknrak. My name is TracFone Stephanie and I will be addressing your question. The Motorola 376G is a GSM phone and cannot be activated under the Verizon network. We can port the number but the you will need to purchase a GSM phone so that it can be activated under the AT&T network. I believe this answers your question. It's been a pleasure helping you. Have a good day.
TracFone - Stephanie
Stephanie

Postby fredrigo » Tue Feb 01, 2011 8:33 am

Hi,I am unable to make or receive calls from my rural home although phone works elsewhere. I have a Motorola W260g and my area code is 97424. My wife has Verizon(LG phone) that works from this location. Is there another phone that Tracfone sells that will work for me in this location? Thanks in advance.
fredrigo

Postby Jessica » Mon Mar 28, 2011 2:27 pm

Good day, fredrigo. My name is Jessica TracFone and I'll be addressing your concern. There may not have available network where your phone is currently registered from your home area that's why phone won't get service at all. We need to check the current network where your phone gets registration from so we could further assist you with your concern. Thank you.
Jessica

Return to Links to TracFone service maps and discussions about coverage.